Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Steven Robinson. I am a 2008 graduate of MTSU with a major in Spanish and minors in Secondary Education and Political Science. I taught one year of Spanish at Blackman High School, and I am currently taking time off to get the endorsement to teach ESL. After getting the endorsement, I plan on taking the other necessary courses in order to get the Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in ESL. I am fascinated by languages. I am fluent in Spanish, and semi-fluent in Italian and Portuguese. I want to teach ESL because I especially enjoy helping people that come here from other countries. I like to help them out in order for them to be on a level playing field. Without English, it is very difficult to succeed in this country; therefore, I see the responsibility of an ESL teacher as very important. I look forward to collaborating with you all this semester in class.
In regards to my personal life, I enjoy going to the gym and getting exercise. It is a great stress reliever! I also enjoy martial arts, although I have had a hard time fitting that into my schedule lately. I am a huge Titans fan, and hope they win the Super Bowl this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment